The year 1857 saw the establishment of the Bombay Indian Female Normal School in Byculla by the Zenana Bible Medical Mission.The School was later shifted from Byculla to Mazgaon and the to Girgaum and was called the Girgaum Girls` High School. In 1912, on the occasion of Queen Mary `s visit to Bombay, the school got its present name, Queen Mary.
Through the decades, the School has grown in stature and name and till 1975, was under the Management of the B.M.M.F Trust.
In 1975, the School celebrated the Centenary of its existence. In the same year, the Management was transferred to the Christian Medical Educational Fellowship Trust by the ZBMM with its Registered Office located on the top floor of the Queen Mary School building.
The other Units of the C.M.E.F Trust are Kimmins High School, Panchgani (Residential School), H.R.D Centre, Nasik (Conference Centre), Working Women’s Hostel, Nasik, Jyoti Niketan, Sholapur (Orphanage) and Manoram Sadan, Manmad – Marathi Primary School(Manmad), Good Sheperd School (Manmad).